CFO- Chief Financial Officer Apply now
Masaya Holding Company
Masaya Co. is a SEED to SEAT vertically integrated furniture, home and wood products export company organically grown from a reforestation project founded more than 15 years ago. Masaya aims to become a market leader in truly sustainable wooden home products. We craft and sell quality furniture, homes and lumber made from reforested wood, sold directly to environmentally conscious consumers in US and Latin American markets. We are a fast growing company that has reforested over 1300 acres of land.
- We care about the planet and people
- We work to create new forests to fight climate change
- We design and craft products that are made to last generations.
- We are who we say we are
- Proud to be unique, colorful and bold.
Masaya Holding Co has subsidiaries in the US, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama.. In the US we have E-Commerce furniture sales, warehousing, prefabricated homes and retail stores in Berkeley, California and Nashville, Tennessee. In Costa Rica and Panama we have retail stores with hospitality and Trade business.
The Vacant Position
This leadership role is responsible for transforming the existing back-office staff of a quickly growing company into a quality team that supports efficient and profitable growth through disciplined financial management and analysis. The successful candidate reports directly to the CEO and Board of Directors.
As head of finance you are an entrepreneurial self-starter with a positive can-do attitude and the ability to balance a broad workload. You are a problem solver and team builder who is comfortable working autonomously and communicating across departments and countries. You have strong leadership skills and extraordinary attention to detail along with a deep passion for a career that makes a positive impact on the environment.
Masaya is offering a unique opportunity to lead the finance function of a fast-growing mission driven, family-friendly company. As part of the senior management team you will directly contribute to crafting and executing Masaya’s growth strategy as the company expands its operations in Latin America and the US. We are offering a values-aligned professional a competitive salary and benefits, as well as the opportunity to participate in a forthcoming employee ownership plan.
Strategic Planning and Corporate Stewardship
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions.
- Perform regular financial analysis and production of KPI metrics.
- Manage and mentor a team of 15+ professionals and coordinate with engaged accounting, legal and CPA firms.
- Supervise all audit, third party communication and internal processes.
- Head up restructuring of HoldCo to efficiently locate Intellectual property rights with an eye to the future. Locate and hire a Consulting firm for the study.
- Analyze business strategies and make recommendations to CEO and Board of Directors on performance.
- Coordinate with CPAs and legal teams in multiple countries to ensure all companies are compliant with all financial, audit, tax and government regulations/reporting.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for all company activities.
- Create budgets and track monthly spending of the subsidiaries in coordination with subsidiary accounting staff.
- Coordinate with CEO to keep operations running smoothly.
Bookkeeping and Reporting
- Developing relevant process and procedures to ensure finance and accounting functions support the growth of the company.
- Implement and improve timely financial reporting, applying international standards where applicable.
- Consolidate Subsidiary accounting into HoldCo to create monthly and quarterly financials for management and the Board of Directors.
- Help establish KPIs and dashboards to efficiently and constantly measure performance.
- Improve COGS tracking to lower manufacturing, shipping and freight costs.
- Review/analyze actual unit economics to find inefficiencies or areas to improve.
- Head up transfer pricing study and organization of intercompany billing and finances.
- Manage investor relations including regular reporting of financial and operational results and assisting with preparation of fundraising materials.
- Leadership of the subsidiary financial teams.
- Timely reporting of all financial statements (consolidated and company).
- Increase profitability.
- Accurate and timely reporting, budget projections and controls.
- On target cash flow management.
- Meet or lower COGS and logistical cost targets.
- Apply scale efficiencies.
- Maximize tax efficiencies amongst group of companies.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The CFO is an entrepreneurially minded and operationally strong Finance manager who has gained extensive experience as CFO in a company of similar or larger size and has a proven track record in successfully managing shareholders and building finance teams. Ideally the candidate has previous experience in successfully managing a team as well as implementing processes and procedures to improve finance and accounting operations that support company growth.
- Proven accounting, finance, and leadership experience.
- Graduate degree or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for all levels including Board of Directors.
- Strong knowledge of accurate and timely consolidation and financial reporting.
- Ability to effectively manage a team.
- Prior experience with US accounting practices.
- Prior experience with Latin American accounting practices.
- Spanish and English Fluency.
- Integrity, humility, positivity and strong work ethic.
- Live at least 50% of the time in Nicaragua.
The CFO reports directly to the CEO and Founder, as well as the Board of Directors.
Nicaragua, Nashville or the Bay Area. Nevertheless, for the success of this role, it is crucial that the appointed Chief Financial Officer is present as often as possible in Nicaragua to oversee overall operations.
Surfers welcome, live at the beach and work with our team!
Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses.
Please submit your resume for review. If you are selected, we will arrange an interview and provide further details about the position.