VP Furniture Sales Apply now
MasayaCo is a Seed to Seat vertically integrated furniture, home, and wood products export company organically grown from a reforestation project founded more than 15 years ago. Masaya aims to become a market leader in truly sustainable wooden home products. We craft and sell quality furniture, homes, and lumber made from reforested wood, sold directly to environmentally conscious consumers in the US and Latin American markets. We are a fast-growing company that has reforested over 1300 acres of land.
- We care about the planet and people
- We work to create new forests to fight climate change
- We design and craft products that are made to last generations.
- We are who we say we are
- Proud to be unique, colorful, and bold.
Masaya Holding Co has subsidiaries in the US, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama. In the US, we have E-Commerce furniture sales, warehousing, prefabricated homes, and retail stores in Berkeley, California and Nashville, Tennessee. In Costa Rica and Panama, we have retail stores with hospitality and trade business. In addition to furniture we also prefabricated homes (masayahomes.com) and teak lumber products as separate divisions.
The Vacant Position
The Vice President of Furniture Sales is a newly created position, responsible for leading, managing, and growing the sales operations of Masaya Holding Co's furniture division. Reporting directly to the CEO and Board of Directors, the VP of Furniture Sales will play a key role in driving efficient and profitable growth through strategic sales planning, team management, and financial analysis. The successful candidate should possess strong leadership skills, exceptional attention to detail, and a deep passion for making a positive impact on the environment.
Strategic Sales Planning and Execution:
- Develop and implement the sales strategy for the furniture division that takes into account market opportunities, resources, and company growth plans.
- Analyze, lead and improve current retail store operations, including processes, procedures, structures, and management, to achieve a scalable retail model, then apply the model to new markets.
- Analyze relevant market trends, customer preferences, and competition to identify growth opportunities and sales tactics.
- Set and achieve sales targets and objectives.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop effective sales and promotional campaigns.
- Develop and manage a timely and effective Merchandising plan for all retail stores.
- Lead, manage and grow the existing sales team to achieve sales targets and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and mentoring to the sales team.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement training programs to enhance the sales team's skills and knowledge.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Monitor sales performance and analyze sales data to identify areas for improvement.
- Prepare regular sales reports and financial analysis to support decision making.
- Develop and manage the sales budget, ensuring efficient use of resources.
- Collaborate with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers and partners.
- Identify and address customer needs and concerns.
- Work closely with the customer service team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage and improve NPS.
Market Research and Competitor Analysis:
- Stay updated on market trends, customer preferences, and competitor activities.
- Conduct market research to identify new opportunities and potential customers.
- Adjust sales strategies accordingly to stay competitive in the market.
- Proven experience in sales leadership roles in the furniture industry.
- Strong analytical and financial management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive results, meet sales targets, and deliver on financial objectives.
- Willingness to travel and work in multiple locations within the U.S. and Latin America.
- Integrity, humility, positivity and strong work ethic.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or a related field.
The Vice President of Furniture Sales will report directly to the CEO and will collaborate closely with the senior management team and the Board of Directors.
The VP of US Furniture Sales should be based in the Nashville or San Francisco Bay area. We recommend regular visits to Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama to meet with team members there and the factory.
Who We Hire?
Masaya Co is composed of people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, military service, and more. We are committed to equal opportunity employment, including people with disabilities, and veterans.
Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses.
Please submit your resume for review. If you are selected, we will arrange an interview and provide further details about the position.|||Berkeley, Nashville or other|||MasayaCo US||||||L9Qt0n0DjBd46FkU|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||